|Solar Training and Schools
|Types of Energy
|Solar Electric PV
|Better Business Bureau
In the Centennial year of California and Shasta County (1950), Shasta College opened its first campus.
Shasta College was founded in 1948 as part of the Shasta Union High School District. The Shasta College campus was originally a fur and trading center of the Wintu Indians, and was later owned by a soldier and his family after the Mexican-American War. After opening its doors on Eureka Way in the fall of 1950 with 256 day students, Shasta College grew so rapidly that, in 1964, voters approved a bond issue for construction of a 337-acre campus at the main campus location.