Garland Power and Light

Because the meter base belongs to the homeowner, GP&L cannot make repairs or connect power to a damaged meter base. If your meter base has been damaged, you will need to take the following steps before GP&L can reconnect your electric service:

  1. Apply for a permit by calling the City of Garland Building Inspection Department at 972-205-2301 or 972-205-2303
  2. Contact a qualified electrician to make repairs.
  3. You or your electrician can obtain a new meter base from the City of Garland Warehouse at 1720 Commerce St.
  4. Once repairs or a replacement has been made, you or your electrician must contact Building Inspection to schedule an inspection.



Garland Power and Light
217 N. Fifth St.
Garland, , TX 75040
United States

Main Phone
Customer Service
States Serviced