Note: This program is only available to electric customers in CenterPoint Energy's service territory (greater Houston area, Texas).
The CenterPoint Energy New Homes Program offers both ENERGY STAR and non-ENERGY STAR builders the opportunity to leverage incentives and utilize program resources to help improve the efficiency of their homes.
• Home energy performance consulting: Learn how to leverage program incentives to improve the efficiency of your homes
• Energy Efficiency technical trainings: Your home energy rater and HVAC contractor can gain new skills and brush up on current ones in trainings offered every year
• Energy Efficiency sales training: Sales staff will learn how to effectively discuss the features and benefits of energy-efficient homes at the point of sale
• Energy Efficiency marketing support: Take advantage of yard signs, brochures and other collateral available to participating builders
• Regional consumer advertising campaign: Billboards, print media, and other ad placements inform local consumers of the benefits of purchasing an energy efficient home
• Incentives: Earn cash incentives for homes that meet the minimum program requirements. Bonus incentives are also available.
Applications are accepted once a year in the fall. To learn more about the program and to obtain an application, please email kristi.hardy@CenterPointEnergy.com.