XCel's Solar Rewards Program is an incentivized program, offering monthly or annual payments to the owner of the solar system in exchange for Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) for the energy produced by the solar system.
- Must be an Xcel Energy residential or business electricity customer.
- Must have an active and valid account number and premise number.
- The customer's name on the application must match the name on the Xcel Energy account/bill.
- All equipment must be UL 1741 certified and listed within the Solar Equipment Lists on the California Energy Commission website opens in a new window.
- Must provide general liability insurance for each occurrence based on the Gross AC Nameplate Rating of the Generation System greater than 1 MW AC.
Systems must be sized such that the expected generation when combined with other distributed generation resources serving the service address, does not exceed 200% of historical consumption (i.e. the previous 12 months at the time of application submission).
See the above website for information on program application.