|City of Fresno - Installation of Solar Energy Systems in Construction of New City-owned Buildings
|Development and Resource Management Administration
|Solar - Passive, Solar Water Heat, Solar Space Heat, Solar Thermal Electric, Solar Thermal Process Heat, Solar Photovoltaics, Solar Pool Heating
City of Fresno requires that the design of any new city-owned building containing at least 7500 square feet shall include an alternative design for installation of a solar energy system.
The report to Council for each award of a contract for a new city-owned building shall include information related to compliance with this section every other year.
Each of the following is exempt from application of this section:
· A building for which the design is 30% or more complete on or before the effective date of this section.
· A building for which another renewable energy source(s) is available which Council finds is an alternative system of comparable cost, efficiency and energy conservation benefits.
· An award of state or federal funding would be jeopardized.
· There is a lack of available funding.
· Any building specified by Council as exempt from the application of this section.