1010 S. Milpitas Blvd.
Milpitas, CA 95035
DayStar is positioned to become the world's leading manufacturer of low-cost, high performance, CIGS thin film photovoltaic products for converting electricity from the sun. Founded and staffed by a team of leading scientists, experienced thin film equipment and solar cell manufacturers, photovoltaic industry experts, and top management from the semiconductor industry, DayStar was formed to:
- Capture proven photovoltaic science
- Create proprietary manufacturing processes & tool sets
- Manufacture CIGS solar cells and modules
- Commercialize new and emerging photovoltaic products
- Access markets through strategic relationships
Our first 25 Megawatt manufacturing line, producing CIGS on glass modules, is being designed and built around our unique and proprietary one-step sputtering deposition process. This process is highly scaleable and will achieve cost and performance metrics that, when operating at commercial volumes, will position our CIGS products as the thin film photovoltaics leader in the race toward cost parity with fossil fuel electricity generation.